Having being asked many-a-times, why I turned into a Vegetarian, I thought of rather putting it up on the blog; and there are no intentions to convert you into a Vegi, it's just an answer to the question I have encountered since last so many years..
Before I proceed on why and what made me turn a Vegi, I would like to surprise you by telling the fact that I really like non-veg dishes and I still get the flavour on my tongue when I smell them - I don't have a reason to lie or hide something about this.
I am not against eating non-veg, but I am against the way the Animals are treated before Humans relish them!
As I was dusting off the dust from one of the cartons having old books in some library I came across a torned page, which must have been of some magazine; and along with a few lines on animal-keeping it had a small pic of a Slaughter House. On returning home, I searched more about Slaughter-Houses on net and came across PeTA > the more I read > the more I started hating myself > and the very next moment > I was a Vegi.
I'll summarize the treatments which Animals are forced to go through before they are Dead:
1. Roosters & Hens have their beaks & feet chopped-off with a hot knife > why > they have to be kept in tight cages wherein they can't open their wings and because of irritation they peck each other and humans don't want to have them injured before they could be sold off.
2. Cows, Goats & Buffaloes are dragged, tied, thrown off the vehicles like saddle bags, artificially inseminated, like beaks their hoofs are chopped-off, when they become irritating their teeth are hammered out, they are separated from their newly-born sooner leading to super-hypertension, pregnant ones are deprived of standard diet; how does it matter if they are screaming for water > until they are milking its perfect and when they stop > meat-balls!
3. Bear, Dogs & Cock fight is of great entertainment and even I would like to see them fighting, but what happens to them once the event is over ? The injured animals are tied out or caged, and are given Zero-Attention towards the injuries incurred during the fight; the bruises burn and the broken bones hurt like hell.
4. Rats, Monkeys and Pigs are treated against perfumes and deos, how ? they are enclosed in a closed room with only nice-smelling-aerosol instead of air. Its so suffocating man, I can't stand in smog for more than a couple of minutes.
5. Deer, Seal and Foxes fur is of great stature > more than 90% of the times they get to see their own skin getting peeled off > please note not fur/hair but the skin, because anesthetic chemicals are too costly.
6. Crabs, Lobsters and Snakes when ordered for a meal are put into boiling water or oil > all alive, or they have their skin peeled off first and then the heads are chopped off > they say the taste is better when its done so; after all taste matters.
7. I have no other option but to pen down here > There is a never ending list of the way they are being TAKEN CARE OF, just google a bit more on this and I can bet you wouldn't stop thinking about it all for days to come! (will write more about this in more blog-posts).
And just-in-case you too feel like joining the league of the Vegies, please do share these facts with as many people as you can.
What the hell man! Is that what we were given Brains for? Damn!!