Trip : GGN_ALWR_BHNGR_MAR11 Date : 26th March, 2011 | Saturday. Starting Point : Home | Gurgaon. Weather :Foggy Morng - Scorching Noon - Pleasent Eve & Cold Nite. Temprature : 16ºC - 44ºC | I know-I know, things look cool in pics. Duration : 1½ days. Distance : 555Kms. Trip Type : Solo. Vehicle : RE | Electra. Best Part : Being in the Wildlife Sanctuary on RE. Places Covered : Alwar, Siriska, Silliserdth, Bhangarh.
Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.
-by Richard Whately.
There are a lot of advantages of getting-up-early and there are more cascading advantages. Your mind is fresh, you have all the energy you'll need, most of the cluttering is gone, productivity can break high grounds, it’s all so quiet and calm and yeah! Your Net is at its best!! :D
Well having it all known, we all continue to strive to get up early…
> Is there a way to inculcate it ?
- Here you go..
1. Set a realistic goal:If you are habitual of getting up at 0900 and after reading this post you plan to get up at 0600 tomorrow, definitely you will fail at it within days.
Rather make it a point that (say) by this month's end you'll get up by 0630 and will be done with this-&-those tasks by 0800-0830 or so. It's just not about making and breaking records, it's about developing a healthy-life-style and accomplishing goals.
2. Be slow but steady:Wake up 10-15mins earlier and gently part off 15mins every week or every 3-4 days. Reduce the time depending upon your body's response and let your body get used to getting up early very gradually. And as much you reduce time in getting up early, add an equivalent to the sleep-off-time as well.
3. Don't compromise rather compensate:Sleep well in time, if you are planning to get up early - it doesn't mean that you have to get up restless. That will only add up to your chances of staying in bed till afternoon.
Learn to understand how much you are tired. Learn to answer to "How many hours do I need to sleep for?" rather than answering to "Till what time can I push myself tonight and still get up in time?"
4. Sleep to relax:Late-Night-Chit-Chats, TV, net-surfing etc are all mental dead-locks; they make a puppet out of you killing your positive energy. Get rid of these. Instead stay in bed and get something to read or listen to music. Reading and Listening act as appetizers for Nap-Bug and they bite you well-in-time.
5. Alarm Etiquettes:
a. Put your alarm as far as possible, so that you have to get out of the bed and walk a bit to turn it off.
b. Leave your room & do a routine thing. Best is to brush-your-teeth > why?
i. You have to stand, that shunts-out your laziness really well.
ii. Since it's a routine thing, your mind doesn't have to exercise hard.
iii. You interact with water and have an option to put some water on your face.
iv. There will never be mishaps while you brush, even if you still are in your dreams.
c. Never let anyone else switch-off the alarm for you.
d. Never set multiple alarms, especially those having intervals of 5mins.
e. Never hit Snooze; once you're awake - hitting Snooze should be felt like committing a SIN.
6. For whom the bells toll:As soon as you are awake, it's time to hit the next best thing > Get Productive! The best way you can award yourself for getting up early is to utilize these golden hours of the day. Consequently the feeling of confidence and calmness will run through you - through out the day.
And you will feel like a Winner-for-the-Day!
Be a winner-for-life >>> I know, YOU HAVE IT IN YOU!!
There was no Activity/Event/Abstract thing I could think of posting on the blog, so thought of putting something related to drawing/colours as it was Holi on Sunday.
And since I was not at my home, I was deprived of my drawing stuff. Still I managed to get a piece of paper and a pencil...and that was all I needed then. I am not very good at drawing but the urge to bring out something of the sheet made me develop the wallpapers below. You may feel free to use them the way you want to.
Well, I am quite an organized person and have fixed places for my things. But Yes!!, I do take a longer route to the office (almost daily); to enjoy riding my bike. I dedicate this post to all those who figure out time-gaps in their tightly-scheduled-weekdays and pursue their passion to ride.. (:
I am not really sure if you have noticed this or not, but some of us tend to change signatures, tone and course-of-conduct with due change in our mood. This Sunday I started working on a small portion of it. So, I've taken the way we put our e-mail signatures (at times | unconsciously | unintentionally).
Also, I feel its easy at times to understand things better, when presented in form of discrete-data | graphs | diagrams | flowcharts | etc. And hence I've tried capturing the stuff in the graphical images below.
[ created using MS-Powerpoint | click to enlarge ]
[ created using MS-Excel | click to enlarge ]
1. Commas, Dots & Hyphens constitute a part of effort going into the making of the signatures.
2. User discretion recommended: Any similarity between the hypothetical example/sample signatures and my original ones is 'highly'+'purely' coincidental! :P
It was after quite some time that I was home for an entire evening, on a weekday (it was a Holiday for Mahashivratri'11). And I witnessed a bunch of short-term power cuts; which occur on a daily basis. But I wasn't aware about them since I spend my weekdays in an office which is UPS powered. And the frequency of the cuts made me bit uneasy and I felt concerned about it. All of a sudden this thought of writing a poem provoked. And out came the following poem..