Trip : GGN_NNTAL_APR11
Date : 22nd April, 2011 | Good Friday.
Starting Point : Home | Gurgaon.
Weather : Gurgaon was BAD | Nainital Rocked!
Temprature : 45ºC in Gurgaon & 22ºC in Nainital.
Duration : 2½ days.
Distance : 777Kms.
Trip Type : Solo.
Vehicle : RE | Electra.
Best Part : I could accomplish my Bucket List Items - to read a book in a vacation, to read a book in hills and to read by the lake side. It was a book by Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar.
This one goes out to all the guys & gals, uncles & aunties, grandpas & grandmoms, who are single, who have a broken heart, who like being alone or who are willing to fall in a relationship.. And not to miss the ones whose better-halves are on a holiday away from them.. (:
And before we roll on, let me bring out the fact that being Single and being Lonely are 2 different things. Singlehood is a way-of-life or a phase-of-life, whereas Loneliness is a state-of-mind. And yes! There is a big possibility of converting your loneliness into singlehood.. And the following just might do the trick!!
1. Appreciate what you own/have:Happiness and satisfaction are just states of mind. You can realize them the moment you want to. And as soon as you realize that this potential vests with you, you will see how things will start coming closer to you. You will then radiate a positive aura. Also, appreciate people for what they teach you, guide you with and give you. Let everyone feel they have a reason to be born as a human, remember that among many things which only humans can show/do > 'respect' & 'gratitude', both top the list.
2. You are the KING!: Everyone has his/her own definition of 'success', mine happens to be 'when I get to do my things - my way; I feel I am a successful soul'. Feel like you own yourself, smell the feeling of independence, the power to spend your day just the way you like. Take the control of your routine and build up a great-empire of 'nice-habits, positive-energy, happiness & contentment' around it. Live-like-a-King!
> Ladies may consider living like a Queen or Princesses. :P
3. Take care of your health:Not that you are all alone so should you be more particular about not falling ill. But taking care of your health will teach you a lot of things about yourself. Exercise is a part of this and it's one of the best ways to kill/pass/invest time. A sport which you always wanted to play but couldn't afford money-wise/time-wise, now is the time. Keep your place clean, decorate your room, let a positive energy flow through, let yourself feel energized.
4. Relax and Celebrate:Oh yeah! celebrate your moments - avoid self talking and rather indulge into an activity. Buy yourself nice stuff, read a book, go out on a walk, swim or cycle, catch a new movie, hit a coffee shop, go fishing, a ride into the hills or go-out on a date. Well, I like to treat myself with a Chocolate-Ice-Cream with extra Hot-Chocolate-Fudge & Brownie! :D
5. Do what you always wanted to do: 're-discover your potential', we all have hidden talents. Now is time to figure it out, experiment with different things - be it colours, solder-iron, clay, waste stuff like cans & bottles, ropes, wood, sand, vegetables, fruits, design a car or phone or watches. Do what you always wished to, this is the time to switch your career path, listen to yourself - talk to yourself - and understand what can keep you 100% involved at your work-bench till the end of time. Expand your networking, work on killing your stage fear or shyness, make presentations or write a blog.
6. Participate in charity, marathons, walk-a-thons, protests, volunteer: Its the best time to give back to the society. Get out of home, meet new people, make them realize the worth of time and health we possess. Charity is good, be humble and donate, donate what ever you can - blood, clothes, money, devices and time.
7. Draw out time for your family, friends & hobbies:Doing what you always wanted to do is not same as what hobbies you pursue. Friends, Family and Hobbies need time out of the same 24Hrs in which you have to do all the other things in the World. Plan your weekends and holidays. Give time to your family & friends, sit & talk to them, plan events and assist them with something you are through with, or take their help & suggestions they are well versed at. > Collaborate, Co-operate and Celebrate!
8. Focus on yourself → Mediate → Pray.
9. Don't wait for the right moment, just do the right thing & strive if you have to:Walk out of your comfort-zone if you have to. Plan your → weeks, milestones, habits you want to inculcate & places you want to goto. You don't have to wait for Mr./Mrs. Right or the Right time, it not necessarily be for a romantic objective, but for whatever you wish to put your hand in.
I hope you'll have a great time experiencing single-hood, like I do! (:
I know you have it in You! It's ALL in THERE in YOU!
The dream of India as a strong nation will not be realized without self-reliant, self-sufficient villages, this can be achieved only through social commitment & involvement of the common man.
- by Anna Hazare
-A man stands up, all alone and then drags the entire nation into a Re-Evolution Mode-
1. Who is Anna Hazare?
> An ex-army man. Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War.
2. What's so special about him?
> He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra
3. So what?
> This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself from solar power, biofuel and wind mills.
In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.
> He's been awarded with Padma-Bhushan & Padam-Shri and is a known figure for his social activities.
5. Really, what is he fighting for?
> He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.
6. How that can be possible ?
> He is advocating for a Bill, The Jan Lokpal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), bureaucrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
8. It's an entirely new thing right..?
> In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit their theft (corruption).
7. Oh... He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing a Bill !
How can that be possible in such a short span of time ?
> The first thing he is asking for is: the government should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed.
Next, they make a joint committee to DRAFT the JAN LOKPAL BILL. 50% government participation and 50% public participation. Because you cant trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.
8. Fine, What will happen when this bill is passed ?
> A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. The job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished. Not like, Bofors scam or Bhopal Gas Tragedy case, that has been going for last 25 years without any result.
9. Is he alone? Whoelse is there in the fight with Anna Hazare?
> Baba Ramdev, Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi, Social Activist Swami Agnivesh, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal, Actor-Director Aamir Khan and many more.
10. Ok, got it. What can I do ?
> At least we can spread the message. How? Putting status message, links, video, changing profile pics.
At least we can support Anna Hazare and the cause for uprooting corruption from India.
At least we can hope that his Hunger Strike does not go in vain.